The MN Environmental Partnership (MEP) is organizing the third annual Water Action Day at Minnesota Legislature. LWVMN is a member of MEP along with Friends of the Mississippi River, Save the Boundary Waters, Audubon Society and many more groups. More than 700 people attended last year!
During program planning, public discussions, and unit meetings it is clear the environment is an important topic for our members. LWV positions reflect a commitment to clean water and many of us realize only by citizen lobbying can we impress upon our elected representatives how high a priority it is for us and our neighbors in Minnesota. Join with other groups to make our voices heard at Water Action Day April 10, 2019. Register online.
- Free breakfast at home base (Christ Lutheran Church, 105 University Ave W. St. Paul, MN): 8-10 a.m.
- Citizen lobbying & policy basics (repeating sessions) 8:30 a.m. – Noon
- Drop-in policy briefings (multiple topics): 9 a.m. – Noon
- Meetings with your legislators: throughout the day*
- Free lunch at home base: 11 a.m.-1 p.m
- Environmental Town Hall: 12:30 p.m. 1:30 p.m.
- Youth Summit with Walz Administration: 1:00 p. m.
- #ProtectOurWater Rally in the Rotunda: 2 p.m.
- Post event happy hour: 4:30 p.m(ish) – Bad Weather Brewing Company