Voting & the Democratic Process
One thing that makes the United States stand out is its system of government. We live in a democracy, which means the country’s people make the decisions. This 30-minute program discusses the basics of voting and the democratic process, including voting eligibility, how to register to vote, voting on Election Day, and getting involved in ways other than voting.
Find helpful information for our next generation of voters, courtesy of Ohio University. Just some of the terrific topics (not just for kids) covered on this page:
Three Branches of U.S. Government (PDF)
What Are the Branches of Government? (PDF)
What Is Congress?
Three Branches of Government
The U.S. Constitution Created the Three Branches of Government (PDF)
I’m Just a Bill (video)
- Minneapolis Voting Information
- How to Register to Vote
- Minnesota Polling Place Finder
- Who Represents you?
- Find your Sample Ballot
Where and When is Your Precinct Caucus? Call your political party or check its website:
State of Minnesota
- Bill Tracker
- Constitutional Officers
- Minnesota Senate
- Minnesota House of Representatives
- Minnesota Members of U.S. Congress
If you want help translating Minneapolis Election information, call 311 or 612-673-3000.
- Español (Spanish) - Atención. Si desea recibir asistencia gratuita para traducir esta información, llama 612-673-2700
- Hmoob (Hmong) - Ceeb toom. Yog koj xav tau kev pab txhais cov xov no rau koj dawb, hu 612-673-2800
- Soomaaliga (Somali) - Ogow. Haddii aad dooneyso in lagaa kaalmeeyo tarjamadda macluumaadkani oo lacag la’ aan wac 612-673-3500