This Valentine’s Day February 14, we welcome LWVMN members and any guests interested in empowering voters and defending democracy!
SCHEDULE OF THE DAY:
10:30 AM – 11:00 AM – Arrival, networking, meeting League members! Scheduled from 10:30 to 1:00
Learn about LWV’s “People Powered Fair Maps campaign. Celebrate LWV’s 100 years in a unique way. Take the message to legislators.
11:00 AM – 11:30 AM –
Explanation of the People Powered Fair Maps™ campaign and the day’s activities.
- Introduction to the People Powered Fair Maps™ campaign by Paul Huffman, Census & Redistricting Coordinator.
- Attendees can help us hand-deliver dwarf sunflower planters to each legislator in remembrance of the 100th anniversary of the 19th Amendment and the 100th birthday of the League of Women Voters!
- Attendees will be encouraged to discuss the importance of People Powered Fair Maps™ with legislators and their aides.
- We also plan on sending a giant valentine to a some special partners.
- We will hear from a special guest, Jessica Jones Capparell, Policy & Legislative Affairs Senior Manager at the League of Women Voters of the United States!
11:30 AM – 12:00 PM – Q&A, if needed; more networking!
12:00 PM – Room reservation ends. LWVMN will need to clear the room.
12:15 PM – We will deliver the giant valentine to our special partners.
12:00 PM – 1:00 PM – Members will deliver the mementos to legislators and discuss the importance of People Powered Fair Maps™. Staff will be available on the Capitol Complex for debriefing if desired.
1:00 PM and 2:00 PM – Free tours of the Capitol by the Minnesota Historical Society
- The Capitol Complex has several parking lots, pictured on the visitor map below. For full parking information, visit the Department of Administration.
- Capitol Complex Visitor & Parking Map
- Free disability parking is available in the parking lot under the Senate Building. The entrance to the lot is on Capitol Blvd.
Coffee will be provided.
Friday, February 14, 2020
Conference Room 316
75 Rev Dr Martin Luther King Jr Blvd
St Paul, MN 55155-1605