This event Sold Out.
Did you know human trafficking is an issue that affects vulnerable women & men in Minnesota? The Department of Justice identified the Twin Cities as one of the nation’s 15 largest centers for child sex trafficking—a vast majority girls. Instances of human and sex trafficking are believed to increase around large events like Super Bowl, being held February 4 2018 in Minneapolis.
LWV St Paul, in partnership with LWVMpls and Saint Paul Neighborhood Network
presents a panel discussion at the SPNN studios, 550 Vandalia St, Saint Paul, Minnesota 55114
Panelists will discuss the problem of sex and human trafficking and how to stop it. Participants will learn:
- What constitutes sex trafficking and exploitation
- The extent of the problem in Minnesota
- Populations most vulnerable to trafficking
- Risk factors and signs a teen might be exploited
- Organizations and resources to turn to if you discover someone has been exploited
- Safe Harbor and how the legal system is working to help young victims
- Ways you can help fight sex and human trafficking now
The speakers on the panel include (bios on Eventbrite page):
- John Choi
- Amanda Koonjbeharry
- Terry Forliti
- Additional panelists will be added as they are confirmed.
Join us before the event and grab a drink at Lake Monster Brewing (right next to the SPNN studios).
If you cannot attend this event in-person, we hope you will watch the broadcast on SPNN (Saint Paul Neighborhood Network). Find it on Channel 19 in Saint Paul. It will also be broadcast via MTN in Minneapolis, the channel will be posted once confirmed. Use #EndSexTraffickingLWV on Facebook or Twitter to join the conversation and submit questions to the panel (note: your privacy settings on Facebook must be set to “public” for our team to see any questions posed on Facebook).
Free Eventbrite ticket required. Space is limited. Please RSVP to reserve your seat.