Amending the US Constitution & Article V Convention – October Topic
LWVUS has prepared material for a study of the Article V Convention alternative for amending the U.S. Constitution. The goal is to review the advisability of convening a convention of the states to amend the Constitution.
Please join your voice to those of other League members. If you are a member of a Unit, please attend your Unit Meeting scheduled in October. If you are an At-Large member, please consider attending a unit meeting to discuss this important issue.
Click on the links to download files:
- One pager explanation of Article V’s amendment alternatives: LWVUS Amendment Study Basics
- Two-page summary of the major readings LWVUS suggests for this study: LWVUS Amendment Study I
- Suggestions for approaching the consensus questions and a list of sources: LWVUS Amendment Study III
- Questions LWVUS wants membership to answer (also available at www.lwv.org): Consensus Questions
- Additional summary on LWVUS Amendment Study
- LWVMinneapolis Results of this study: Consensus Results LWVMpls Constitutional Amendment Study