On Wednesday, July 20, from 7-9:00pm, Lake Harriet United Methodist Church and the Southern Poverty Law Center will host a screening of the film Selma: The Bridge to the Ballot, followed by a panel discussion on the erosion of voting rights in the United States. Due to an anticipated strong response to the event, RSVP’s are required.
The film will be introduced by Richard Cohen, President of the Southern Poverty Law Center (which produced the film), and the panel will include attorney Pam Horowitz, former MN Secretary of State Mark Ritchie and Congressman Keith Ellison.
We hope to spark a conversation about this important and timely issue, as well as inspire civic engagement during this important election season. Child care will be provided. Lake Harriet UMC is located at 4901 Chowen Ave S. in Edina. Space is limited for this exciting event, so RSVP’s are encouraged (see link below).
To RSVP for the event, click here.
– NAACP Minnesota
– Umbra: Search African American History brought to you by University of Minnesota Libraries
– Friends of University of Minnesota Libraries
– Living Spirit UMC
– Minnesota UMC General Commission on Religion and Race
– Linden Hills UCC
– First Universalist UU
– Fulton Neighborhood Association
– League of Women Voters Minnesota
– New City Church